Whittington Parish Council receive many planning applications each month. All applications are in the public domain and they are all available online.
As such they can be viewed and commented on by anyone who wishes to.
Follow this link and you can access the applications, review the content and comment if you wish too. You too can take part in the decisions surrounding future developments in our community.
Guidance from Shropshire Council can be found below:
Material Considerations for Planning Applications
The Planning Portal advises on what is considered to be a material consideration in determining a planning application.
A material consideration is a matter that should be taken into account in deciding a planning application or on an appeal against a planning decision.
Material considerations can include (but are not limited to):
• Overlooking/loss of privacy
• Loss of light or overshadowing
• Highway safety
• Effect on listed building and conservation area
• Layout and density of building
• Design, appearance and materials
• Government policy
• Disabled persons’ access
• Proposals in the Development Plan
• Previous planning decisions (including appeal decisions)
• Nature conservation
However, issues such as loss of view, or negative effect on the value of properties are not material considerations.
The Shropshire Council website adds:
When commenting on an application you should be aware that the following areas
are not considerations:
- No one has a right to a view from their property. We cannot control the effects of new development on the outlook from an existing property, except in the general case of residential amenity;
- Impact on the valuation of property;
- The cost of a development is not a material consideration, and we have no jurisdiction toprotect developers from expensive projects;
- Loss of trade or increased competition;
- A personal interest or a civil dispute;
- Generally speaking, personal circumstances are not a material planning consideration.