Major works, planned by Network Rail at the Whittington Level Crossing, will be undertaken later this year. This will mean that the main A495 through Whittington will be closed to through traffic for the duration of the works.
The works are to take place between the 30th August and the 9th September 2019, access will be maintained for pedestrians through the crossing during the week but there will be a full closure to all at weekends.
The scope of works is to renew the level crossing surfaces at various locations, these require the following work to be undertaken:
· Remove existing crossing surface panels and cill beams.
· Installation of new cill beams
· Installation of a new crossing panels.
· Resurface of road to stop lines on both approaches
· Reinstatement of road markings throughout the whole crossing – All lines to be of highways standard
An overview of the works required is as detailed below –
- Plane off the approaches
- Remove level crossing panels/cill beams
- Excavate for the cill beam foundations
- Set up concrete pump
- Pour concrete
- Pour mortar bedding
- Lay Cill Beams
- Installation of crossing panels
- Lay tarmac approaches
- reinstate road markings
Road Closure: A495 Station Road, Whittington Level Crossing
Start Date: 30th August 2019
End Date: 9th September 2019
Purpose: Complete renewal of the Level Crossing – This level crossing will be closed continuously from 30.08.19 – 09.09.19 – no vehicle or pedestrian access during both weekends from 22:00 on the Friday until 07:30 on the Monday for the core works