The Business Basics Fund was launched in June. There’s just over one month to go to get your bid in before the first call closes at noon on 4 September.
The fund will help improve the productivity and performance of small and medium businesses in England. We’re looking for ideas from within your communities to test ways of encouraging small, medium enterprises (SMEs) to take up existing technology and business practices that we know can improve productivity.
A share of £2 million is available in this first call to develop and trial ideas. You could:
- Bid into the fund yourself
- Encourage groups and delivery partners in your network to bid into the fund
- Or, even better, bring together a collaboration of different partners.
To find out more and apply, please go to the application pages on the Innovation Funding Service website:
- Trial Projects– you can get up to £400,000 funding
- Proof of Concept Projects– you can get up to £60,000 funding
Over 100 people joined us for the first Business Basics webinar on 12 July. You can listen to the webinar here. Alternatively, join us on 9 August for a live webinar – register here. If you would like to discuss your ideas ahead of the next webinar, please contact Clair.Bowman@beis.gov.uk or Natalia.Davie@beis.gov.uk.
We would welcome ideas from different groups, so please feel free to share this message through your networks to raise awareness of the Business Basics Fund and encourage bids.